Sash Window Repair, Restoration & Replacement services in London
The Sash Guy is well-positioned to offer sash window repair, restoration and replacement services throughout South East London. The company, which has been trading since 2005, prides itself upon its personal, honest and reliable approach to business.
Guy, the proprietor, heads a small team of carpenters and installers. He is highly experienced in all aspects of wooden sash window restoration and maintenance. His professional approach and attention to detail means that he receives plenty of personal recommendations. To read customer reviews of The Sash Guy, see the Reviews section on the main page.
Below are some of the jobs that The Sash Guy has undertaken in South East London:
- Codrington Park, Honor Oak Park – Ten inappropriate UPVC windows were removed and replaced with new sprung solid wooden framed sash windows in keeping with this period property.
- Carden Road, Nunhead – UPVC windows were removed and replaced with double glazed wooden sash windows, copying the original design, restoring this house back to its former glory.
- Fawnbrake Avenue, Herne Hill – The Aluminium windows which blighted this beautiful Edwardian house were replaced with traditional sash windows.
- Ivydale Road, Brockley – General repairs, renovation and draught-proofing to Edwardian terraced house.
- Hither Green Lane, Lewisham – The Sash Guy replaced the sash cords and corrected the weights so that the windows could be opened and closed.
- Bramblebury Road, Plumstead – The customer had been told a new window was required but it was found that only a rotten cill needed to be cut out and replaced, saving the needless replacement and a lot of expense.
- Underhill Road, East Dulwich – New double glazed sashes replaced single glazed sashes, retaining the original sound frames.
- Manor Lane, Hither Green – Seven rattling windows were draught-proofed in a house on a busy thorough fare and the customer was very happy at the resulting improvement in noise levels.
- Ferndale Road, South Norwood – Draught-proofing and renovation on tatty windows in Victorian house, resulting in the frontage looking loved again.
- Belvedere Road, Crystal Palace – Double glazed sashes, copied to the original elegant arched design, replaced single glazed sashes.
- Beckford Road, Croydon – Double glazed sashes replaced single glazed sashes on a busy road improving the noise pollution.
- Inchmery Road, Catford – Draught-proofing and repairs to existing sash window.
- Brighton Grove, Deptford – Double glazed sashes replaced rotten single glazed sashes in another property on a busy road. The customer felt this really improved the noise level.
- Lyndhurst Grove, Peckham – Double glazed sashes replaced single glazed sashes plus major refurbishment of frames.
- Ferndale Road, Brixton – Single glazed lower sash window replacing a rotten window.
- Casewick Road, West Norwood – Repairs and draught-proofing and a complete new sash window installed.